First and second Wednesdays of each month
are held at 6:00 PM.
Please check agenda for meeting
location. This schedule is subject to change when and if changes are necessary.
In accordance with the New Jersey Municipal Land Use Law, the Planning Board is directly and exclusively authorized to exercise power with regard to:
1. The adoption of the Master Plan.
2. Subdivision control and site plan review.
3. Recommendations as to the official map.
4. Conditional use applications.
5. Recommendations as to the zoning ordinance and amendments thereto.
6. The capital improvement program.
In addition, the planning board participates in preparation and review of programs or plans required by state or federal law or regulations. Their work often includes assembling data on a continuing basis as part of a continuing planning process. The board may perform such other advisory duties as assigned to aid and assist the governing body or other agencies or officers of the City.
Members consist of the Mayor, a municipal official appointed by the Mayor, a member of City Council appointed by the Council, and six citizen members plus two alternates appointed by the Mayor. Appointments are for four year terms for Regular Members and two (2) year terms for Alternate Members.